"Sports Bars" Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Sports & Outdoors Tip by acemj

Charlotte Sports & Outdoors: 21 reviews and 21 photos

Sometimes when I'm travelling, I get a little homesick, but not because I miss my bed and definitely not because I miss my job. Usually, it's on a Sunday when I'm overseas in a place where nobody cares that my Minnesota Vikings are playing football. At such times, I always wonder where I could find a good sports bar with a strong satellite system.
Here are the top 3 sports bars in Charlotte in my opinion:

1. Picasso's: This place is great if you're close to downtown. It used to be a brewery, but was converted to a sports bar in the late 90s. I go here a lot to watch football on Sundays and the crowd is usually young and friendly and the food is the best of any of the sports bars in town. I love the pizza here. Lots of beers on tap as well. Picasso's is located at 1301 East Blvd. in Dilworth (see my restaurant tips for more info).

2. Coach's: If you're in South Charlotte, head over to this place which is technically in Pineville. They have three different rooms, pool tables and the ability to beam in games via satellite from all over the world. 10403 Park Rd., Suite J. (www.coachssportsbar.com)

3. If you're on the southeast side of town, head over to Matthews and go to Kristopher's Sports Bar. Their wings (Buffalo-style chicken wings) are great and they TVs all over the joint. 250 N. Trade St. in Matthews.

Equipment: Okay, so I could have put this tip under restaurants, but you don't go to these places only for the food. You go here to watch great sporting events in an accomodating atmosphere with friendly people.

Theme: Sports Watching

• Updated Jan 20, 2003

acemj Used To Live Here!

“Be a life savor(er)”

Have you been to Charlotte?