"Some great places to see in Bavaria" Bavaria Things to Do Tip by Henkster
Bavaria Things to Do: 232 reviews and 504 photos
Bavarian cities are known to be extremely cultural, historic and beautiful - here are some places that should not be missed:
- Staffelsee + Murnau (town of Kandisky, located in the mountains)
- Chiemsee ("The Bavarian ocean")
- Starnberger See (Munich's bathtub)
- Ammersee (Another one close to the capital)
-K?nigssee (The famous mountain lake in Berchtesgaden)
+ many many more - Bavaria is full of beautiful lakes.
1. Munich - the state capital is a city rich in architecture, history, parks, museums, festivals, outdoor Biergartens and a relaxed and friendly lifestyle.
It offers countless sights and activities and keeps you busy for more than just a few days.
Please see my Munich page for more information.
2. Prien am Chiemsee - a little town on the Chiemsee lake, very nice Bavarian place, where you can go hiking, swimming, surfing, sailing or enjoying the beautiful castle of Ludwig II.
3. Landshut - just 1 hour from Munich and full of so much old architecture, and still so unknown. It looks a lot like Prague and it was also untouched by WWII bombings.
4. Garmisch-Partenkirchten - the small city in the Alps is a very popular place for skiier, hikers and fans of the mountains.
5. W?rzburg - this 100,000 people city in the north of Bavaria offers palaces and a nice atmosphere
6. Rothenburg ob der Tauber - small and medival city, very touristy place
7. Augsburg - Munich's smaller neithbor has some nice sights to see
8. N?rnberg - the big city in Franken is famous for the Bratwurst, Lebkuchen and the big christmas market
9. Regensburg - an old and very beautiful Gothic city between Munich and N?rnberg.
Yet there is so much more to see in Bavaria - these are only a few suggestions!!
More Things to Do in Bavaria (2)
More Reviews (10)
Henkster's Related Pages
Have you been to Bavaria?Share Your Travels