"Magnetic Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Off The Beaten Path Tip by iandsmith
Australia Off The Beaten Path: 423 reviews and 697 photos
When you head to the tropics, the Whitsundays and Cairns are usually the more popular places and, I for one can't argue with those choices.
However, should you wish for a more Aussie experience, you might consider Magnetic Island off Townsville. It has some wonderful advantages.
1. It doesn't cost and arm and a leg to stay there.
2. It is easily accessible from Townsville.
3. It is diverse with more roads than most of the tropical islands.
4. The fact that it's less upmarket means that you can avoid pretentious fashion freaks and do what I like to do, chill out and enjoy nature.
More Reviews (164)
- See All Lennox Head
- See All Protesters Falls
- See All Australian Age Of Dinosaurs
- See All Dying for a pie
- See All Sharks - reality and myth
- See All The Hume Highway
iandsmith's Related Pages
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels