"Tube etiquette" London Local Custom Tip by KennetRose
London Local Customs: 717 reviews and 883 photos
Always remember to stand on the right on the escalators. The left side is for those who want to walk up or down the escalator (most Londoners do) and they will not appreciate those who block their passage.
Don't stop suddenly at the top or bottom of an escalator, or anywhere else for that matter. If you need to stop to consult a map or for any other reason, step to one side first.
Inside the carriage at busy times, move away from the doors if you can. That lets more people cram in like sardines in a tin!
More Reviews (113)
- See All Chelsea Physick Garden
- See All High class bar for the Portobello Set
- See All London - a personal reflection
- See All Driving in London
- See All Something cool and special (allegedly)
- See All If you can't get no Satisfaction here...
KennetRose's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels