"Casual pub atmosphere with live music" Top 5 Page for this destination Backstage Lounge, the Tip by Carmanah
Backstage Lounge, the, Vancouver: 3 reviews and 2 photos
The Backstage Lounge (frequently known as the Arts Club Backstage Lounge) is a local institution. It functions as a restaurant (with a large patio), a pub, a bar for which Arts Club Theatre patrons visit during intermissions, and a live music venue. On most nights the Arts Club Backstage Lounge features local musicians - rock bands, singers/songwriters, folk singers, and such. Most of the musicians are known in the local music scene but a large majority of them are just starting out. Even I played a gig at the Backstage Lounge several years ago with a friend's band - it's that kind of place.
Dress Code: No dress code - everyone is welcome as they are.
Address: 1585 Johnson Street, Vancouver
Directions: Located on Granville Island at the back of the Arts Club Theatre (right next to the Granville Island Public Market). It's also located at the top of the Aquabus water taxi dock.
Phone: (604) 687-1354
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Nightlife in Vancouver (21)
More Reviews (216)
- See All Using US dollars in Vancouver
- See All Fall clothing
- See All A convenient central downtown location
- See All UBC Apple Festival
- See All A local secret and the best patio in the...
- See All Chinatown at night? Don't bother!
- See All Grouse Mountain is not your only...
- See All A tribute to the 2010 Olympics
- See All Fort Langley National Historic Site
- See All The SeaBus
- See All Boating around Vancouver
Been to Vancouver?Share your travels with the world!
Carmanah's Related Pages
Have you been to Vancouver?Share Your Travels