"Are the Polish trains comfortable?" Poland Transportation Tip by matcrazy1

Poland Transportation: 135 reviews and 132 photos

RELAX :-)))
by matcrazy1

YES, THEY ARE (more and more in recent years), some are even very comfortable - that is my opinion. Notice please that I'm rather not very demanding to the trains, I never travelled by train abroad (except to Hungary once as a student). I want to have rather comfortable seat, place for my luggage, clean toilet, nice service and the train to be punctual and safe - and that's enough for me.
And I can say the above about EX, IC and EC trains Krakow-Warszawa and Katowice-Warszawa. In all these trains you will get (free of charge in IC and EC trains only) snack and coffee or small juice and you can buy sandwiches, cakes, beer etc. from railway worker who goes from compartment to compartment. And of course you can go to restaurant carriage - quality of served food there is hmmm... various: maybe quite good, maybe not.
What about local "normal" or "fast" trains: haha, it depends, usually (but not always) they are clean, toilets - various, sometimes without toilet paper or even (very rarely) stinking :-(. In "normal" trains there are only 2nd class carriages without compartments - good for shorter jorneys rather.
So, RELAX and enjoy your train travels :-)))

Mode: AROUND
Type: Train

• Written Oct 27, 2002

Comments

matcrazy1 Used To Live Here!

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Poland?