"Go fly a kite!" London Sports & Outdoors Tip by KennetRose
London Sports & Outdoors: 226 reviews and 438 photos
Flying kites is a terrific way to relax. Alternatively it's a great way to get some serious exercise - it depends on the kite. Some of the big flexifoils take all your strength to keep you on your feet!
Hampstead Heath is the classic place to fly them. Kensington Gardens is good too, for gentler kites. Somebody once told me that it's considered seriously naff to fly a kite in Kensington Gardens that you haven't made yourself - but that's taking it too seriously. Just be careful of Prince Charles's personal helicopter if you go there!
Equipment: Get everything you need, including expert advice, from The Kite Store (qv)
Address: Hampstead Heath and other open spaces
More Sports & Outdoors in London (1)
More Reviews (117)
- See All Chelsea Physick Garden
- See All Europe's smallest capital city?
- See All High class bar for the Portobello Set
- See All London - a personal reflection
- See All Driving in London
- See All Something cool and special (allegedly)
KennetRose's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels