"Beware of Some Shops in Chinatown!" Sim Lim Square Tip by jltan

Sim Lim Square, Singapore: 4 reviews and 0 photos

Beware of buying electronics or any item from some shops in Chinatown. They might offer a very nice (low) price but one personal experience I had with a friend totally blew my mind! My friend was buying a good TV set and they (shopowner and my friend) agreed on a certain price for a brand of TV set. After my friend handed his money to the shop owner, his brother came out from nowhere and started harassing my friend saying that he should pay more in order for him to get the TV. what a crook! After talking and talking to them to no avail. I advised my friend just to take his money back and we'll leave. But the shop owner told us that they already put the money in their vault and they couldn't opened it!? Anyway, to make the story short: I offered to add S$20 more so that we can take the TV set. Fortunately for me, when I opened my wallet, there's no more cash there! After they saw this, they finally decided to give the TV set to us (not knowing that they took out the TV antenna!) What a bunch of crooks! So, beware as these people would really test your patience...

Address: Singapore

• Updated Oct 18, 2002

“"Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends... The mind can never break off from that journey" - Pat Conroy”

Have you been to Singapore?