Dame Tartine: "Glassed Walls Offer A View!" Paris Restaurant Tip by lmkluque

Paris Restaurants: 2,613 reviews and 3,310 photos

Napkin Souvenir
by lmkluque

Dame Tartine located in Jardin des Tuileries which, (at the time of my last visit) was in the process of being renovated--the beautiful gardens were bare as a desert! Also it was winter and the trees had no leaves. Still, the view was beautiful through the glassed walls!

Beware of the trip to the WC, it is down a very narrow flight of stairs which were easy to trip on. (Or could it just be me?)

I apologize for not having a proper photo of the place or the view. Out of respect for my French friends who cringe everytime I pull out the old camera, I left it at home.

Update:

Just a note to say that they were not actually renovating Jardin des Tuileries as I thought. It simply was winter. Coming from California I'm not used to the effects of cold winters on the flora of an area. Sorry for the confusion.

Favorite Dish: Unique Qualities: Glass walls, lovely views, great food, very busy.

Dame Tartine was near the Musee du Louver but closer to Place de la Concorde. Convenient for a respite before or after a tour of the museum.

I ordered a ham and cheese sandwich this time. Don't know what it is, but even such an ordinary item as a ham sandwich tastes better in Paris.

Address: In Jardin des Tuileries
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Near the Musee du Louver but closer to Place de la Concorde.
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: French

• Updated Aug 28, 2012

Comments

lmkluque

“Assume Good Intent”