Bay Farm Cottages, Munlochy: "Hamster Cottages" Inverness Hotel Tip by calamityjayneuk

Inverness Hotels: 71 reviews and 83 photos

Bay Farm Cottages
by calamityjayneuk

I found these cottages quite by chance on the internet, the name of the company caught my eye. The price was very good and they are located only about 14 miles from Inverness town centre. When we arrived we were absolutely amazed at the quality of the accomodation. There are two cottages next door to each other, each one sleeps four people. On walking through the patio doors you come into an open plan lounge/dining/kitchen area with big comfy chairs, a large dining table and a generous kitchen. Above is a balcony sitting room with television, a huge picture window and small library of books about wildlife and the area.There are two spacious bedrooms, one double, one twin each with ensuite bathroom. The beds are lovely and comfortable with big fluffy duvets, the one at the front has a bay window with a beautiful view of the bay (see my picture on the front page, it was taken out of the front door). There are chickens on the patio, all kinds of birds flying around and cashmere goats in the field next door. Our favourite memory of our stay was when we turned out all the lights on a clear night and sat with blankets and scottish whiskey (well you have to when in scotland etc etc) and watched the night sky, spotting shooting stars and listening to the wildlife around.

The only fault I would find with the cottages was that to reach them you have to go along a single dirt track which is a bit hard on your car, but since we were out almost every day we only had to use it twice a day to come and go.

All in all this is fabulous accomodation and we paid under 300 for 1 week for 4 people - outstanding value in my opinion.

Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Theme: Other

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Inverness?