"Feeding the Swans of Lewis Lake" Winthrop Local Custom Tip by RhondaRuth
Winthrop Local Customs: 3 reviews and 3 photos
A neighbor feeds the swans, duck & seagulls of Lewis Lake some bread. Just on the other side of the road is Boston Harbor.
Frankly I don't think they should be fed table scraps like this. They should be fending for themselves in the summer months and it only makes them stay for the winter when they should be going south. They should be hunting and eating food from their natural habitat. That's my opinion anyway. I will only feed seed to birds during the winter months & stop in the spring for the same reason.
More Local Customs in Winthrop (2)
More Reviews (27)
- See All Watch a Thunder Storm in the making!
- See All Front or Backyard Gardens abound.....
- See All Fishing in Winthrop
- See All Small but nice!
- See All A Great Place to Walk
- See All The Ice is Never Safe!