Lüne bürg Haus: "Intimate Dining at the Old Market area" Kiel Restaurant Tip by Audrey118

Kiel Restaurants: 7 reviews and 6 photos

This is a very small yet intimate dining place. Highly recommend it as the food taste excellent. We had such a good time with the waiter who spoke excellent English describing to us almost everything in the menu.

Vegetarian is also available and there is daily specials

Favorite Dish: We ordered Campari Orange to start our evening as we browsed the menu - here I am trying to make up the menu in German and I think i faired pretty well.

We were also served bread and butter as we attempted to order. Alas we had roasted lamb with pears and potatoes which came out to be two tiny leg of lambs which was excellent -the skin was nicely browned and the meat is so tender - it is almost like two large chicken drumsticks. My husband had pasta - it was spagetthi with panfried salmon and chanterelles mushrooms and spring opions in light cream sauce. It was so delicious that I kept picking on his dinner.

I could never resist dessert so we had to order one to share. Again the waiter was so kind to place it right in th centre and weshared the apple in red wine and walnut ice cream.

Address: Alter Markt Dänische Strasse
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 494319826000
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 0
Theme: Local

• Updated Oct 23, 2002

“next stop - Stockholm and Riga”

Have you been to Kiel?