"There are sirens placed..." Top 5 Page for this destination Tsunami Warnings Tip by herzog63
Tsunami Warnings, Kodiak: 4 reviews and 4 photos
There are sirens placed throughout Kodiak to warn you of the danger of a Tsunami. If you hear the siren go off anytime except 2:00 PM on Wednesday you should head to higher ground. (over 100 ft at least) Downtown Kodiak was wiped out in the 1964 Good Friday Earthquake.
More Reviews (92)
- See All Useful Links
- See All Beware of icy and snowy roads in the the...
- See All Fishing in the fog
- See All Fishing from the beach
- See All Bed and breakfast
- See All Lot's of daylight in summer!
herzog63's Related Pages
Have you been to Kodiak?Share Your Travels