"Mariahilfer Kirche" Top 5 Page for this destination churches Tip by globetrott
churches, Vienna: 56 reviews and 174 photos
Everybody knows Mariahilferstrasse - the most important shopping-street in Vienna, BUT almost nobody knows Mariahilfer-kirche, a pilgrim-church that gave the name to that whole street. The church dates back to 1683 and got the name by the pilrim-church on Mariahilf-berg in Passau. Take a look inside that church, it was recently restored and looks really great ! When you enlarge my pics, you may see a funny detail in the facade : it seems that an angel is trying to escape with the golden stick of the bishop.
In front of Mariahilferkirche you will find a daily market with various stands offering great austrian food-specialities.
More Off The Beaten Path in Vienna (45)
More Reviews (156)
- See All Weihnachtsmarkt im Türkenschanzpark
- See All Bade-Schiff - a pool inside a ship
- See All a traditional Wiener Kaffeehaus
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All Palais Liechtenstein
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
- See All a full day in Vienna
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels