Restoran Sri Ayuthaya: "Localised Thai Food - pretty yummy" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuala Lumpur Restaurant Tip by Audrey118

Kuala Lumpur Restaurants: 977 reviews and 1,623 photos

The Indian God welcomes you to their dining hall
by Audrey118

Located in partially suburban part of KL - in Medan Damansara - very near to famous Victoria Station restaurant.

Unique decoration - rather attentive staff. Lots of woodwork, and Thai decoration. I love the Indian god sitting in a small water pool full of koi fish and lots of little elephants with flowers adorn around it.

Favorite Dish: My favourite so far is the Bake Scallops for entree - i love it so much I have to have 2-3 scallops each time I go there. It is an entree
dish but I always have it served with all the dishes.

The Glass noddles with Prawns in Claypot is also nice but my sister loves the prawns with fresh young coconut. The green curry is thick and tasty - we had it with beef - but please ask them not to overcook the beef.

I do not like their fish dishes because they use very small and boney fish - they only have two types- siakap which I hate becos of the sandy taste and the other is senanging. If you are willing to pay more, ask for a large senanging and it will be quite delicious cook with Thai gravy.

Another occassion I went there with some Aussie guests, we ate a chicken dish - chicken wrapped and baked in lotus leaf. That is really tender and yummy. I saw other people having another of my favourite - otak otak which is a fish souffle. YUM

for desserts - I recommend the sticky rice with mango, but my new discovery is their cendol with durian. It is regular cendol but has a real strong durian flavour in it. Real yum for durian freak like me!!!!

Address: Jalan Setiapuspa, Medan Damansara
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 0
Theme: Other

• Updated Nov 11, 2002

Audrey118 Lives Here!

“next stop - Stockholm and Riga”

Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?