Portland City Grill: "Try for a window seat! View of the City." Portland City Grill Tip by TashieKitten

Portland City Grill, Portland: 4 reviews and 12 photos

US Bank Tower-Portland City Grill on 30th floor.
by TashieKitten

An unobstructed view of Portland from 30 stories up...this place has got ATMOSPHERE. Low ceilings inside make it intimate. Piano player plays nice tunes. Happy Hour or Fine Dining. It's your choice. I have since changed my view on the cuisine. The portion sizes are, compared to other Happy Hours in town, rather small and more expensive (for Happy Hour). The service is always attentive though, considering how many people are usually in there. I've yet to snag a window seat, so the views I've had have always been from afar. I would say the biggest attraction is just the view. Also, being an average sized woman, at 5 feet 3 inches, my feet do NOT touch the footrest on the bar stools. This is not a comfortable way to sit, always feeling you're about to fall off. Though I'll admit, it beats standing!

Favorite Dish: First and foremost: Drinks are NOT discounted during Happy Hour. This displeased me since I was REALLY looking forward to a Cosmopolitan and was not going to pay $7.50 for it.

That said, I enjoyed my chili rubbed tuna over rice. However, $3.95 for Happy Hour fare is expensive, comparatively. I would expect to pay no more than $2.99 for Happy Hour food. That's the idea. Cheap food, good drinks. They make money.

Also, I must mention...so much meat on the Happy Hour menu! Luckily I'm a vegetarian who eats seafood (sometimes) and there's not much on the menu if you're vegan sans the baby greens salad and that's only if you ask them to leave off the feta.

I'd recommend A DRINK (to get your parking validated) check out the view and move on.

Address: 111 SW Fifth Avenue, Portland 30th Floor!
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Look for the big pink building...it's in there. Officially, it's the US Bank Tower on SW 5th and SW Pine. Park inside and get your parking validated for free parking.
othercontact: 30th floor!
Phone: 503-450-0030
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.portlandcitygrill.com/

• Updated Jul 17, 2003

Comments

TashieKitten Lives Here!

TashieKitten

“Relax and have fun!”

Have you been to Portland?