"What can I say about FL ???..." Florida Favorite Tip by dreamworld

Florida General: 268 reviews and 218 photos

Favorite thing: What can I say about FL ??? It's so much touristic that you'll find hundreds of website to tell you about.
For beaches lovers...I recommend the North Coast of Florida, between Pensacola and Tallahassee. Also not so crowded, is the west coast between Bradenton and Naples. I especially recommend Siesta Beach at Sarasota, which is for me the best Florida beach.
You may go to Sanibel Island also for subathing...there we saw dolphins very close from the coast (was it a chance ?).
Of course tourist tops such as the Keys and the Everglades must be on your list. I do not recommend the Miami area, unsafe, dirty and very crowded.

Daytona Beach is great if you like 'teenage-fun', you can drive on the beach with your car !

Orlando is a good base for touring around. Of course all the amusement parks are worth to visit, but be prepare to spend A LOT of money.
My favourite amusement park is not in Orlando, but it is in Tampa...Bush Gardens...really good (but as expensive as the other ones).

Fondest memory: Sunset on St.Petersburg beach, the city where I was living (and studying)...the St.Pete-Clearwater beach is the longest uninturrupted Florida beach (something like 25 miles long I guess).
My best cultural souvenir is definitively the DALI MUSEUM in St.Petersburg !!! (pictured)

• Written Sep 12, 2002

Comments

dreamworld

“live a love of life”

Have you been to Florida?