"Tours >>> Paris" Tours - Sidetrip Tip by Sharrie

Tours - Sidetrip, Paris: 1 reviews and 1 photos

On this 2nd trip to Paris, I headed for the Loire Valley before arriving to Paris on my last leg of the trip. Tours had been wonderful & though I was apprehensive about Paris, I was determined to rewrite my memory of it.

The train from Tours was right on time but due to the last minute change of the platform by the station, I had to run with my luggage as if I was fleeing as a refugee. It was quite an experience early in the morning. My train left around 8.15 am & I was to arrive in Paris around 9.20 am.

Almost all of the passenger I met on this train was bound for Paris for work. Tours is only an hour by TGV from Paris, hence, many live in Tours but work in Paris, I was told.

Arriving at Montparnasse was quite an experience. The train station in Paris is huge. It takes a little time getting orientated. I also felt a little tense due to the mixture of people in this station. Reminded me a little of NYC. So, I decided to take the taxi instead of the metro, which turned out to be another long wait as the metro was on strike that day!!!

Ah, welcome to France. There was a saying, "France without strikes is not France!" ;-)

• Updated Jun 6, 2003

“Feed that hunger, hike that mountain!”

Have you been to Paris?