"Go to Bath." United Kingdom Things to Do Tip by worldkiwi

by worldkiwi

• - United Kingdom
      View of Bath, 2010.
    by worldkiwi

Bath is a fascinating city, full of remarkable buildings. Just about everything is constructed of honey-grey coloured stone. The Cathedral is huge and although I didn't have time to go in, it looked worthwhile.

Of course the big draw is the Roman Bath complex, which I visited in 2001. This is really interesting and well presented. You get a commentary device, which looks like a hand piece to a telephone, in the price of entry. As you walk around the complex you can punch in the numbers of different locations (they're all signposted) and listen to a commentary on what you're looking at. No annoying headphones and you can stop and restart the commentary where you like. It is a well thought out system. Plan at least 2 hours here if you intend to learn something about what you're looking at. Three hours could be better! Another neat thing I saw in Bath back in 2001, is the medieval Pultney bridge with its shop houses.

In 2010, I was driving south west with my parents and stopped in Bath to show them this beautiful city. We decided to climb to the roof on the Abbey for the view. My parents found the climb tough going, in fact I was a bit worried for them at one point. The tour was very informative and the views were spectacular. Ask about tours inside the Abbey.

Directions: Bath is in the west of England. The Roman Baths are right in the centre of the city near the Cathedral.

• Updated Aug 16, 2013

Comments

worldkiwi Visits Here Frequently!

worldkiwi

“We all share one planet, so look after it and be nice to each other!”

Have you been to United Kingdom?