VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Deeply impressed by what..." Thun Favorite Tip by Pegasus74

Thun General: 30 reviews and 31 photos

Favorite thing: <font face=verdana>Deeply impressed by what Zermatt has offered, I was determined to once again stay near the mountains for yet another night. Heading north from Zermatt I landed at Interlaken, a scenic holiday resort accessible via one of two train stations - Interlaken Ost and Interlaken West.

Most Interlaken's visitors would go for boat tours along Lake Thun and/or Lake Brienz, to such neighbouring towns and villages as <font color='008FFF'>Spiez</font> and <font color='008FFF'>Thun</font>, each has a castle, and <font color='008FFF'>Brienz</font>, famous for its local craft of wood-carving. But I was more interested in hitting the mountains. I wasted little time in Interlaken and headed towards <font color='008FFF'>Grindelwald</font>, which is a busy ski resort under the north face of Eiger, just before dusk. Before narrating whazz up there, I thought of mentioning one thing that caught my attention and fascinated me most in Interlaken, which was the fine animal-shaped woodcrafts particularly those of red deer and antelopes. They really cost a lot, as much as a hundred CHF or two, but I was still tempted to carry one home cuz they are just so perfectly hand crafted. Unfortunately I had got Spain to do after Switzerland and my backpack had unkindly said no.
</font>

• Updated Sep 12, 2002

Comments

Pegasus74

“Master the guts, try the untry”

Have you been to Thun?