VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"I enjoyed walking on the..." Seeing Seville by foot Tip by Pegasus74

Seeing Seville by foot, Sevilla: 31 reviews and 41 photos

Favorite thing: <font face=verdana>I enjoyed walking on the cobblestone streets networking the Old Town, that are just not too wide but good enough to pack a whole lot of people. The Sevillians are always heading to somewhere and I could notice occasionally someone in a crowd along <font color='008FFF'>Calle Sierpes</font> sneaking into a miniature cathedral that sits at a tight Y-junction facing some boutique shops. I like the location of the cathedral; it is so good a resting-place especially when your legs are tired. Obviously I did not do that when I was there and will not suggest the idea to potential visitors. I thought it erects at a phenomenal yet lovely part of the town, perhaps for sinners of the day to conveniently confess at the altar. I should have taken down the name of the cathedral to ask you have a peep.

Above the many shops that populate the town, the flower-bedecked balconies and attractive patios are just so lovely to look at. And near Christmas when I was there, those pathways were glittered and filled with festive ambience. Near dusk, a trio would fill the streets with instrumental music pieces, of which “My Heart Will Go On” could especially be heard from a distance.
</font>

• Written Sep 12, 2002

Comments

Pegasus74

“Master the guts, try the untry”

Have you been to Sevilla?