VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"If you're flying in, I would..." by airplane to Vienna Tip by DesertRat

by airplane to Vienna, Vienna: 66 reviews and 86 photos

If you're flying in, I would recommend using <b>Lauda Air</b>, which is one of the best carriers my wife and I have encountered in years. Founded by Austrian race driver and entrepreneur, Nicki Lauda, this is a class act. We flew them to and from Amsterdam, and on this relatively short, hour-and-fifty-minute flight, we were treated to wonderful food on real china, which we haven't seen outside business class in years. (See accompanying photo.) The seats, by the way, are goat-hide. <p>
The staff is well-trained, friendly, and highly efficient. The <i>only</i> glitch was the insistance that a largish carry-on bag be checked, a bag we had happily carried on with us -- at a similar size and weight -- on many previous flights. <p>
The airline serves most major European airports, North America, SE Asia, and the Far East.

Mode: TO
Type: Airplane

• Written Aug 24, 2002

More Transportation in Vienna (1)

Comments

DesertRat

“Andere L?nder, andere Sitten...”

Have you been to Vienna?