The Ritz Hotel's - The Palm Court: "High Tea At The Ritz, Anyone?" The Palm Court At the Ritz London Tip by Krystynn

High Tea at The Ritz
by Krystynn

Your visit to this vibrant city is not considered complete if you don't participate in the most British of traditions i.e. High Tea. And what better place to experience this culinary afternoon delight than at the world famous - The Ritz Hotel.

If you dream of living like an aristocrat albeit for one afternoon, may I humbly suggest an afternoon of HIGH TEA at THE RITZ? You'd be serenaded with melodious classical music whilst you oogle at the delightful spread of finger food before you in the grandiose Thames Foyer.

P.S. Please reserve at least ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE to avoid embarassment i.e. like being turned away from the restaurant.... unless of course you sashay in with David Beckham or Hugh Grant. In which case, the above rule does not apply! :-)

Yes, we mere mortals (read: my friends and I) DID book one month in advance BEFORE we arrived into London.

IMPORTANT: Jeans and track shoes wearing tourists and locals are NOT ALLOWED entry into this exclusive hotel. Most super-luxurious hotels the world over also abide by this rule. So, no need to kick, squeal and yell at the poor door man.

Favorite Dish: How does delicious sandwiches of Smoked Salmon, Ham, Egg Mayonnaise with Cress, baked Raisin and Apple Scones sound like to you? Oh, and you must absolutely sip on their Earl Grey tea! It's simply to-die-for. Period.

The Ritz even offers a special Champagne High Tea in the late evening to those who wish to drown themselves with the expensive drink. My friends and I have only experienced the normal afternoon High Tea - thrice in our whole life time so far...and believe me, if you have to pay £35.00 (per person, excuse me), you would devour even the bread crumbs on the tray! This is not recommended and definitely not good table manners. But since we're tourists.... that's another different matter altogether. Haha....

Address: 150 Piccadilly ? London ? W1J 9BR
Rating: 5
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.theritzlondon.com

• Updated Aug 21, 2006

Comments

Krystynn

“There is beauty everywhere. Just put your heart into your eyes”

Have you been to London?