"CATHEDRAL OF SEVILLA - One Of The World's Largest" Cathedral Tip by Krystynn
Cathedral, Sevilla: 145 reviews and 297 photos
Even if you're not the type to enjoy visiting cathedrals, make the Cathedral of Sevilla your exception.
Firstly, the tomb of Christopher Columbus - one of the world's greatest explorer that ever lived - is buried here. Incidentally, this fact is currently being challenged by several sources who claimed that his body was buried somewhere in Central America. Yet other sources claimed that yes, Columbus used to be buried in Havana but his body was brought to Sevilla in the 1900s and buried here. We will just have to wait and see when the authorities have finished their DNA check and formally state where the real Christopher Columbus is buried. Stay tuned.
In this picture, you can catch a glimpse of his sarcophagus being borne by 4 larger-than-life statues representing the Kingdoms of Castile, Leon, Aragon and Navarra.
Address: Avenida de la Constitución
Phone: 95 421 49 71
More Things to Do in Sevilla (7)
More Reviews (28)
- Moving Around Sevilla Via Cabs/Taxis
- See All Flea Market Shopping!
- Hola España!
- Watching Your Favorite Soccer Team In...
- See All The Most Important Event In The Sevilla...
- See All The Best Tablao In Sevilla (In My Eyes)
- See All When In Sevilla, Feast on PAELLA!
- Calle Feria & Alameda de Hercules,...
- See All Pilgrims Progress...At The Sevilla...
- See All The Hotel for the Jetsets, High Society...
Krystynn's Related Pages
Have you been to Sevilla?Share Your Travels