Phnom Penh Noodle Hous: "tasty Cambodian" Top 5 Page for this destination Washington State Restaurant Tip by richiecdisc

Washington State Restaurants: 32 reviews and 17 photos

tasty stew with donuts for dipping
by richiecdisc

Phnom Penh Noodle House was one place I wanted to return to when in Seattle. I had been there in 1994 on my first trip to the city. It was my first experience with Cambodia food and in the interim I had been to Cambodia. It was only natural to want to go back and see how it stacked up. This small unassuming hole-in-the-wall is clean, cheap and conveniently located in the heart of Seattle's Chinatown. This is a cheap area to park and it's close enough to walk to Pike Place Market.

Favorite Dish: Favorite Dish: We both had piping hot bowls of Goo Naw Noodle. This spicy Cambodian stew had tender slices of beef and wide rice noodles in a spicy broth. Though not as thick as similar stews we had while traveling in Cambodia, it was very tasty and filling. Make sure to order some Chinese donuts for dunking. These are literally strips of fried dough that go very well with the soup. They are not on the menu so just ask for them. We finished up with two iced coffees. Everything including tip was $25.

Address: 660 S King St in Seattle
Price Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Other

• Updated Nov 20, 2009

More Restaurants in Washington State (1)

Comments

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Washington State?