Fire House Brewing: "one I had could not squeez in a second time" South Dakota Restaurant Tip by richiecdisc

South Dakota Restaurants: 13 reviews and 9 photos

housed in a 1915 firehouse
by richiecdisc

This was a cool brewpub housed in a historic 1915 red brick firehouse. It had a very boisterous atmosphere and pretty food food from what I can remember.

I stopped here in 1994 as part of an extensive trip around the US visiting the National Parks of the west along with 120 different brewpubs. On my most recent trip "out west," we were a bit choosier about which brewpubs to stop at. Firehouse Brewing did not make the cut. To be fair, we were very rushed on the the day we passed through Rapid City. I would certainly stop in if I had a bit more time.

Favorite Dish: Buffalo Bitte and Rushmore Stout were on tap in 1994 but I checked their website out and these two beers are no longer in their line-up but quite a few other interesting ones have taken their place. Their food menu looks to have expanded too but prices still seem reasonable. If I stopping in Rapid City for something to eat, I'd sure give Firehouse Brewing a shot.

Address: 610 Main St. Rapid City, SD
Directions: Right in downtown Rapid City.
Rating: 0
Theme: Other

• Updated Dec 28, 2009

Comments

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to South Dakota?