"Les Catacombes" Catacombes Tip by OrlandoBR
Catacombes, Paris: 12 reviews and 19 photos
In the 18th Century, the bones of an old cemetery (Cimitière des Innocents) were transported to the Catacombs.
Very funny phrases are inscripted along this underground, macabre Paris attraction, beginning with 'Arrête - C'est ici l'empire de la mort' (Stop, this is the empire of death). It's interesting to notice the kind of people who are interested in this place. Everybody laughed a lot when I was there, so I guess everybody's searching for some morbid fun... you may see my corresponding travelogue for extra pictures.
Address: 1, Place Denfert-Rochereau (14th District)
Phone: 01 43 22 47 63
More Reviews (68)
- See All The quare on the tip of Ile de la Cité
- See All Le Penseur n'est pas là
- See All City of which Lights??
- See All Ponies in Versailles
- See All World Cup Final at the airport??
- See All "Service compris"
OrlandoBR's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels