"Amsterdam, our tolerant, but arrogant capitol" Netherlands Favorite Tip by Pavlik_NL
Netherlands General: 435 reviews and 419 photos
Favorite thing: Amsterdam, despite it's arrogance still our capitol and the cultural centre of The Netherlands.
Must-do-activity is a canalboat-trip, but if you have some hours to spend: take the museumboat and hop on and of as many times as you want.
Fondest memory: Best memories of my country:
Landscape: (eternity) = sitting along a river, watching the water run by - forever.
Returning moment = first real springday, hooping on the bike and drive over the dikes.
Tolerance = walking through the Red-light-district in Amsterdam with my little son in his childrenswagen, while hookers smile and come to watch the baby.
City = Arnhem, my hometown, with it's natural surroundings of three landscapes: riverlands, forest and the town.
More Reviews (42)
- See All 27th of April, our national holiday:...
- Cloths for every type of weather (even...
- See All Old "Southern sea" fishermen's villages
- See All Well, in fact they are tiny fluffy...
- Royal shopping
- See All Dense freeway system in two ways
- See All Flowerbulbs as a souvenir ... beware...
- See All Watersport 3: Waterskiing
- Tolerance and suddenly everything is...
- About cafes and terraces
- The Netherlands (so not Holland) = off...
- Good hotelstandard, yet expensive!
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Have you been to Netherlands?Share Your Travels