"You must see a play if you're..." Redlands Favorite Tip by TrueBeliever

Redlands General: 6 reviews and 3 photos

Favorite thing: You must see a play if you're going to be in town for any length of time. The last play I saw was called 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' (by William Shakespeare of course) at the beginning of the year and I was awestruck with what a masterpiece it was. It's a comedy, but is both thought-provoking and bust-a-gut hillarious. It will be something I will remember for the rest of my life.<BR>
My favorite lines:<BR>
<B><font color=6495ed>'I never may believe these antique fables, nor fairy toys. Lovers and madmen have such seething brains...The lunatic, the lover, and the poet are of imagination all compact. One sees more devils than vast hell can hold. THAT is the madman. The lover, all as frantic, see's Helen's beauty in a brow of Egypt. The poet's eye, in a fine frenzy rolling, doth glance from heaven to earth, from earth to heaven...And as imagination bodies forth the forms of things unknown..the poet's pen turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing a local habitation and a name...'</font></B><BR>
Now imagine these words spoken passionately by an actor standing in front of you. Just as music is better live and in person, so is the story played out in real-time before your eyes--rather than on television or in a movie theater. Whoever you are, wherever you are, if you have any small part of you that loves stories and the passion invoked within them when they place a mirror in front of our eyes and make us weep or laugh at who we are, go see a play. You won't regret it...

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars

• Written Sep 7, 2002

Comments

TrueBeliever

“Spiral out...keep going...spiral out...keep going...just to be human”

Have you been to Redlands?