"viewing random communist..." History - Cold War Tip by miromi
History - Cold War, Berlin: 56 reviews and 129 photos
viewing random communist monuments
I actually find ugly communist monuments kind of beautiful in their own way so I enjoyed both the scary Alexanderplatz areas and the beautiful old crumbling neighborhoods with more traditional Berlinese architecture. One thing about crazy communist monuments is that they were really creative with their cement and used a great deal of it in enormous and interesting ways. Today they seem a little empty and sad. These places are also full of packs of tourists, so if you're really lonely you can go here and offer to take pictures of people and authoritatively tell little stories about the monument until they figure out you're just a random tourist yourself
More Reviews (62)
- See All a Turkish mosque!
- See All an elegant hostel in Kreuzberg SO 36
- See All nightlife and culture guides in English
- See All Rotkäppchen sekt
- See All cozy used English books and cozier...
- See All buy happily!
- See All Karneval der Kulturen (end of May -...
- See All buying water
- See All german police men
- See All badeschiff - pool in the spree
- See All starcar: the cheapest car rental in...
- Packing List
miromi's Related Pages
Have you been to Berlin?Share Your Travels