"Another day,we went to the ancient city" Turkey Favorite Tip by rachel_sun

Turkey General: 528 reviews and 494 photos

by rachel_sun

Favorite thing: Another day,we went to the ancient city of Tlos to see the beautiful ruins.The ruins here were wondeful and about half a mile along the road,we stopped again and climbed a hill to see a castle.The view was fantastic.All you could see were mountains for miles.The nice thing was at the bottom of the hill was a bar with ice cold drinks and icecreams waiting.We then had lunch at a trout farm,which was wondeful and we then headed for the Saklikent Gorge.My mum and i climbed into the gorge,which went on for 18km.It was very physical and slippery,but it was great fun.I only managed to go about 2km because my shoes were not very good.If you go here,do bring good strong shoes.
The gorge was a great place and we tired ourselves out,we changed into dry clothes and went to one of the beautiful river bars.These bars were built on stilts over the river and had rugs and cushions in them and they were great fun.The gorge trip was £19 including lunch and i say this trip is not to be missed.

Fondest memory: The ruins at Tlos

• Written Feb 25, 2003

“summer is finally here, yessssssss”

Have you been to Turkey?