"We would recommend Hess..." Hamilton Nightlife Tip by CarolineD

Hamilton Nightlife: 9 reviews and 4 photos

We would recommend Hess Village. There are a couple of streets there which are lined with bars, most having patios where you can while the evening away drinking the great Canadian beers and maybe having something to eat, while watching the world go by.
There are also a couple of other favourite spots - The Snooty Fox Pub in Westdale, L.A.Bats bar just east of downtown & also Mustang Sally's which has live rock bands and is in the east end of Hamilton.
The Gown & Gavel pub in Hess Village is a good point to start, they do good food & the barstaff are friendly. On nights where it's a bit cooler they heat the patios with gas heaters, something I wasn't used to coming from Britain.

Dress Code: None that I know of but take I.D. with you (something else that I wasn't used to as in Britain as long as you kinda look over 18 you can get served!). In Ontario the drinking age is 19. (My boyfriend got asked for I.D. in TGI Fridays in Albany, New York State, and he was 30 that year....I wish they'd ask me for I.D.!)

Directions: Hess Village is just West of Downtown off King St West.
Theme: Live Music

• Written Aug 24, 2002

“Don`t just think about it, go there!”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Hamilton?