Become part of a family: "Have a friend living in Istanbul?" Istanbul Hotel Tip by Lunamagica

Istanbul Hotels: 807 reviews and 931 photos

Unique Qualities: OK. If you are as lucky as myself to have a friend in Istanbul, I ENCOURAGE you to take them up on their offer to stay at their home. It is an experience you will NOT forget.
During my stay in Istanbul, I stayed at my friend's home in Suadiye (Anatolian side). His and his family's SINCERITY in making me feel SO WELCOME, and SO MUCH of a part of their own family have made me feel both privileged and humbled. I just cannot describe the feeling in the right words..... from the moment I stepped into their home, I felt that I truly belonged there, like I had just 'returned home'.............. Do not be afraid to tuck in at mealtime either.... Turkish home cuisine is the best!!!! ...And another thing you'll be sure to enjoy is the fact that mealtimes are still 'sacred'. No TV dinners here! Everyone sits around the table, at a certain hour (dinners start relatively late), and enjoy great food and great conversation!!!

Address: Suadiye
Theme: Other

• Updated Sep 4, 2002

Have you been to Istanbul?