Part-Dieu Shopping Centre: "b1bob's Lyon shopping tip nº4" Lyon Shopping Tip by b1bob

Lyon Shopping: 25 reviews and 28 photos

Lyon Part Dieu

Lyon Part Dieu
      Part Dieu Shopping Centre
    by b1bob

Part-Dieu is a big shopping centre in the middle of downtown Lyon. Instead of spreading it out like Virginia Center Commons and Regency Square back home, they have the same amount of stores, they just build them up into a compact 4-storey building. I went here twice. The first time, I had to change my traveler's cheques into French francs. The Thomas Cook change kiosk was outside the shopping centre and across the street. Luc was afraid I would fall into a hole on the way. Now, why would I be up to doing something so daft? I was more worried about my travelers cheques or my paper money blowing away in the strong wind. I managed to hang onto it as I got a good rate of exchange (7 francs to the dollar). The second time was nearly a week later when Luc, Isabelle and I were looking to buy a whole buggyful of fixins for baby Florian's first birthday.

What to buy: Anything and everything is available...

What to pay: ...in all price ranges.

Directions: Downtown Lyon, adjacent to the Part Dieu train station.
Theme: Other

• Updated Jan 24, 2004

Comments

b1bob

Have you been to Lyon?