"Christ the Savior Church" Cathedral of Christ the Redeemer Tip by heplion
Cathedral of Christ the Redeemer, Moscow: 33 reviews and 57 photos
Well, this is a 'you can't miss seeing it' more than a must see. It stands out like a homing beacon to the heavens. this massive orthodox cathedral is a near replica of a church that stood here until Stallin knocked it down s few years back. His intention was to build a large memorial to Lennin, but the plans got scrapped and a swimming pool was built instead. The mayor of Moscow had the pool filled in and the new cathedral built. The inside is rather impressive for a new church.
Directions: Metro stop Krapotkenskaya. If you can't see it when you get off themetro, you didn't get off in the right place....
Phone: +7 495 637-29-67
More Reviews (34)
- See All The palace of friendship of people
- See All Fantastic Georgian food, and a great...
- Is St.Patrick's day a Russian Custom??
- Starry Arbat, if you need to get rid of...
- ice skating in gorky park
- See All TRAFFIC on the ring
- See All Look in the English language newspapers
- See All Shopping for local crafts
- See All Some of you may have seen the...
- Truthfully, Moscow's greatest...
- Packing List
Been to Moscow?Share your travels with the world!
heplion's Related Pages
Have you been to Moscow?Share Your Travels