"Go to A Room Of One's Own..." Madison Favorite Tip by julibud

Madison General: 20 reviews and 17 photos

Favorite thing: Go to A Room Of One's Own Feminist Bookstore & Coffeehouse!!! I may be biased because I work there, but it is the best thing in Madison that has happened to me. Seriously, I don't know where I would've ended up if I hadn't found that place and began to work there. It's such a welcoming, comfortable environment, we've got lots of selections, mainly women authors, a huge LGBT section, Women's Studies, Cultural Studies, Psychology, Health, Spirituality, Sociology, Politics, etc. They've also got t-shirts, coffee mugs, sticker, bumper stickers, postcards, journals, calendars. There aren't many feminist bookstores around, it's a struggle to keep them going. This place should definately be at the top or your list of things to see.

Fondest memory: Probably sitting outside on the balcony of my apartment, located downtown in the Mansion Hill District, on a nice warm summer evening, with a cup of coffee and a nice book. I loved looking down and watching people go by on the streets. There's always people out, especially downtown.

• Written Aug 26, 2002

Comments

julibud

“the more energy that`s lost, the more the chaos builds”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Madison?