"La Lucciola has a good..." Bali Restaurant Tip by shayghc

Bali Restaurants: 573 reviews and 825 photos

La Lucciola has a good reputation and I have to say that the food is good and reasonably priced, my only criticism was that I was expecting an Italian restaurant.

Fabio's in Seminyak actually is an Italian restaurant, or at least the menu reflects so more closely than La Lucciola. It is also a delightful restaurant visually especially at night. It definitely gives the impression of being one of the better establishments for a meal.

The Living Room also in Seminyak has a good menu but we didn't eat there because we wanted a glass of wine on that particular night and what can I say but the wine list scared the life out of us - I mean, 200 for a Cabernet Sauvignon?

Although not as impressive at first sight, our favourite and most frequented venue was the Full Moon at the top of the drive from our hotel. The food is great and the staff just cannot do enough for you. If we were to return to Bali then we would just have to go back here, By the time we left they were no longer staff but friends and that is saying something because as my wife can tell you I'm not one of the World's great socialisers. We would both strongly recommend eating here, in fact spending most evenings here.

Favorite Dish: Nasi Goring (special fried rice) from the local menu. We had the speciality (suckling pig, which includes a number of dishes) and although it is great and large enough to fill the largest appetite, and I do mean the largest, I couldn't see why the actual suckling pig dish is so highly regarded.

Rating: 0
Theme: Other

• Written Sep 14, 2002

“A calm sea never made a skilled sailor!”

Ranked Member