"Packing List" China Packing List Tip by dzni

China What to Pack: 76 reviews and 55 photos

Luggage and bags: Pack as light as possible - but this is just good advice for any trip, especially now. I brought two bags, though, and that was more than enough for me to lug around that place from airport to airport! A backpack is the best thing, though. I don't like checking things, but there's a good chance you'll have to anyway.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: I guess it depends on when you go. From my experience, the summer is extremely hot and humid. Obviously the north is slightly cooler than the south; and the south, like around Hong Kong, is unGodly humid. So, shorts, short sleeves, etc! Maybe one pair of long pants if you think you may go somewhere a little more upscale - I didn't, so it was a mistake to bring them along.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Bring your usual toiletries, and don't forget an AC adapter for the Chinese plugs, if you'll be using some electrical equipment. Be careful when brushing your teeth that you don't use the tap water... use bottled water for this too. Bring any possible medicines you think you might need, cause I doubt you'll find them too easily in China - tylenol, Immodium (yeah, this may be good if you eat something bad), etc.

Photo Equipment: I prefer 35mm myself. Take whatever camera you like, just remember that if you take a bigger camera, it's more stuff to lug around. Depends on your situation too - I had two cameras... a small one and a big one... I took the small one when I knew it'd be a pain to lug the other around. Be sure to have LOTS of film, you're going to want to take pictures of everything.

• Written Aug 26, 2002

“When I`m not traveling, I`d rather be planning the next trip!”

Have you been to China?