"Woodstock II - 1996 - the year..." Seasonal Events Tip by seth0919

Seasonal Events, New York City: 11 reviews and 14 photos

Woodstock II - 1996 - the year of the 'Mud People'
Ok, so I did it...I actually paid the $120 to legitimately attend Woodstock II. I'll be the first person to say it was worth every single penny. I may have ended up a totally muddy mess by the end of the three days, but I had so much fun at that concert. Eric, his girlfriend (at the time), myself and a fourth person all drove up in Eric's truck and for three days and two nights we lived like totally dirtbags without showers or anything, just enjoying the music and meeting the other concert goers.

Pizza may have cost $10 for a personal pie, but people were sharing and just being generally nice to one another. We were able to sneak some drinks in, and we just camped out in front of the 'main' stage and sat/stood for 3 days listening to incredible music. Bands from Blues Traveler to Metallica all rocked from the crack of dawn till well past the end of the day. After the torrential downpours of the second day, Eric turned into an 'official mud-person' after having gone missing for several hours. In the end, we all made it out alive (we didn't see one fight the entire weekend). We left with some wonderful memories, some great photos and a ton of mud and grime under our fingernails. I vividly remember showering TWICE when we got back to Eric's place!

Directions: more photos available at:

• Updated Aug 26, 2002

More Things to Do in New York City (1)

“Just get out there and see new things!”

Have you been to New York City?