"Indonesian people known as..." Indonesia Local Custom Tip by ukirsari
Indonesia Local Customs: 123 reviews and 89 photos
Indonesian people known as hmmm friendly persons :) They keep smiling, they like to help you or giving information if you ask them politely. So, when they're smiling at you, please send a smile also. You can say 'Assalamualaikum', 'Hai' (means 'hi' or 'greetings'), 'Halo' ('hello'), 'Apa kabar' ('How do ya do') for beginning. Then say 'Permisi' (excuse moi, excusa, excuse me) whenever you want to ask something. And ... don't forget to say 'Terima kasih' (thanks, danke, dank je, spasibo) then.
Ancient buildings, palaces, temples, etc (in terms of historical and special places) put attention; forbidden to use short pants. If you read this, using 'saroong' (pronounced as sarung) for politely. If forbidden to use shoes or sandals, please open them and walking without them. And sometimes you can visit also, a place where is not allowed to take pictures.
More Local Customs in Indonesia (1)
More Reviews (43)
- See All The beautiful north Sumatra sceneries
- Balinese art and clothings
- See All Coolest resort in Bali
- See All Don't miss Nasi Campur Bali!
- Packing List
- Buy souvenirs to remember my...
- * Traffic jam, especially in...
- * Be ware on:- Using taxi...
- See All Try Indonesian traditional...
- Jakarta has so many place for...
- If you wanna visit my country,...
Been to Indonesia?Share your travels with the world!
ukirsari's Related Pages
Have you been to Indonesia?Share Your Travels