"Whatever you do, do not, i..." Riverboat Tip by Paula1971

Riverboat, New Orleans: 8 reviews and 5 photos

Whatever you do, do not, i repeat, do not go on the riverboat 'cruise'. It is was the worst experience of our trip. It costed about $20US and lasted for a couple of hours. I wanted of that damn boat within half an hour!! Basically all you saw were cruddy old buildings and big, ugly tankers waiting to be allowed to unload whatever crap they were hauling. Example: 'The tanker to our right is flying under the Maltese flag. They've been waiting for three days now. The tanker to the left is flying under the Panama flag. They just docked yesterday and will probably have to wait until Monday before they're customs papers are in order. The tanker to the blahlbahlbah....' Try to imagine this in a monotone for two hours straight. If it was warmer that day i'dve swam for shore....
Another trap is The 'World Cafe.' Supposedly world famous for its coffe and beignets(donuts for God's sake!!). The coffee was absolutely vile and the beignets were pieces of deep fried batter under about three inches of confectioners sugar!! Truly heinous. The thing that got me, was that the place was always packed!! I saw one woman ask for extra sugar too...yeesh!!

• Written Aug 26, 2002

“veni, vidi, visa (I came, I saw, I shopped...)”

Ranked Member

Have you been to New Orleans?