"Flevoland" Netherlands Off The Beaten Path Tip by Willem_oa
Netherlands Off The Beaten Path: 290 reviews and 315 photos
Flevoland is a giant polder jutting out into the Ijsselmeer. It is often overlooked by tourists because of its relative 'newness.' True, there may not be an abundance of quaint architecture, but the region's main city, Lelystad, does have a few interesting attractions:
1. The Nieuw Land Polder Museum is a fascinating museum about the battle between land and sea for the Dutch people.
2. Batavia Werf is the location of a huge ship reconstruction. Currently, the '7 Provinces' ship is being reconstructed here.
More Off The Beaten Path in Netherlands (14)
More Reviews (27)
- See All Take a bike trip through De...
- Where to buy food in Noord-Holland
- See All By all means, Stay Away from...
- See All For anyone interested in...
- See All Walk or bike around...
Willem_oa's Related Pages
Have you been to Netherlands?Share Your Travels