"Amsterdam is a tourist trap" Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Tourist Trap Tip by ATLC
Amsterdam Tourist Traps: 197 reviews and 122 photos
Awww... don't hit me for saying that!
As a citizen who is proud of her country, I beg you, don't just visit Amsterdam!
I know, Amsterdam is fun, lively, breathtaking, multicultural and all that. But please explore the width and heigth of this small country where the longest distance that you can drive is only 3 hours.
-our famous waterworks in the province Zeeland (Neeltje Jans)
-the St. Jan cathedral in 's Hertogenbosch which is of the well known French grandeur, style and size
-national park Hoge Veluwe where you can get free bikes to cycle round and visit St. Hubertus hunting lodge, an example of world famous architecture by Berlage
- one of the world's best zoo's in Emmen (called Noorderdierenpark)
- the typical flat landscape in the province Friesland of true postcard beauty
- little seaside towns like Middelburg, Hellevoetsluis, Brielle, Scheveningen, Zandvoort, Staveren, Harlingen...
- Groninger museum in Groningen (the city is great for a few days out as well)
- Gouda (known for its cheese, although not made there anymore) where you'll find another St. Jan with the largest stained glass collection in the world
- Rotterdam with great nightlife, modern and old architecture, multicultural neighbourhoods, museums and the mighty river Maas
- a tour fortified towns from the Middle Ages in The Netherlands (like my hometown Brielle in Europoort)
- Three country point (Drielandenpunt) down south where you can be in Germany/Belgium and The Netherlands at the same time (if you MUST go abroad!)
- Maastricht with its savoir-vivre and the grottoes and great night- en streetlife and culinary delights.
- shall I go on?
Just visit my travelogues and travelpages about the other Dutch cities!
More Reviews (128)
- See All A (half)daytrip from A'dam on New Year's...
- See All Where to get your laundry done.
- See All Winner B&B 2009/self-catering near...
- See All Gluten free / coeliaki
- See All 4 countries, 6 days
- See All DIY in Amsterdam
- See All Second hand clothing male/female
- See All A walk through De Pijp
- See All City walk with a local
- See All Amsterdam for the disabled
- Surinamese multicultural festival
Been to Amsterdam?Share your travels with the world!
ATLC's Related Pages
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels