"Hotel Garlande" Hotel Garlande Tip by ATLC

Hotel Garlande, Avignon: 680 reviews and 1 photos

Hotel de Garlande, from hotel website

? 53,36/ 350 FF per night, with shower. (2001)
I'm sure we paid much less in the early 90s and thought it was a good deal.
In 2007 it is ? 72 per double room up to ? 115 for a suite.
This tip originally written in 2002.

I remember we had a great time there, and wound up there by chance after a train ride into Avignon, didn't have a clue where to go after we left the station with our heavy backpacks, found this hotel and ended up staying far longer than we intended. Even though we did have to climb the steep stairs to the attic room that was assigned to us :-)

Unique Qualities: An old building with steep stairs. But the attic room was worth it. My friend and I stayed there and I remember there were 3 beds, 1 normal one and a bunk bed. We had so much fun and we liked the hotel.

Seeing the website (alas, I have no pics of my own) it must've been redecorated since my visit in the early 90s. And looks even better.

The restaurant I mention in my Restaurant tip is in the same street. And the hotel is only a few minutes walk way from the main square and the papal palace.

Address: 20, rue Galante, Avignon, 84000, France
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Old city center of Avignon, pedestrian area (car access only on permit).
othercontact: hotel-de-garlande@wanadoo.fr
Phone: +33(0)490 800 885
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hoteldegarlande.com

• Updated Nov 7, 2007

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Have you been to Avignon?