"When you get out of the..." Malaysia Transportation Tip by lostgweilo

Malaysia Transportation: 226 reviews and 163 photos

When you get out of the airport, you should most likely use the 'KLIA ekspres', the train that will take you to the city in 28 minutes. (the photo is the new monorail, not the KLIA ekspres) Once at the KL Sentral station, you can take a taxi to your destination. There is a ticketing system in place for the taxis, so you do not pay the taxi drivers directly, but you tell the lady at the counter where you want to go, pay her, and she prints a ticket you can give to the taxi driver. (Strangely, none of the taxi drivers I talked to were able to explain to me *why* such a system was in place, with the administrative overhead it entails etc. for a hint, check out my Tourist Traps section) When I asked 'why does it work that way?' they all answered 'yes, it works that way'. Quite amusing uh?
You can use taxis, they are generally very nice, except for a few. (check out my Tourist Trap tips)
A new monorail train is being built, that's surely going to be exciting. (the photo here is one of that new monorail, not yet in service).

Type: Train

• Written Aug 26, 2002

“I want to go back home. So... where's home?”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Malaysia?