"watch out for the..." Scams Tip by newsfreak
Scams, Mumbai: 10 reviews and 6 photos
watch out for the following:
1. men who offer you help in finding hotels or restaurants. they are touts hired by hotels to bring in customers. best way to find restaurants is to ask the tourist desk in the railway station or airport.
2. beggars. there are too many for you to help. so please don't encourage them.
3. ladies travelling alone at night. not advised at all.
4. please ask for the tariff card in autorickshaws and taxis. they inform you as to the amount to pay. the meter indication is not the amount to be paid.
5. do not travel in local trains at peak hours. it is way to crowded and unpleasant.
6. short skirts and women in shorts and sleeveless t-shirts are not tolerated in many temples.
7. do not try to find drugs or marijuana in the city. they are illegal and may bring you unpleasant company (the police).
More Warnings and Dangers in Mumbai (1)
More Reviews (11)
- There are a lot of bus...
- See All Visit one or more of the...
- See All Another photo from matheran
- See All Bombay is pot-pourri of Indian...
newsfreak's Related Pages
Have you been to Mumbai?Share Your Travels