"I would totally advise to come..." Transport Tip by gumption

Transport, Brisbane: 5 reviews and 3 photos

Favorite thing: I would totally advise to come in the Spring time (our spring time that is). For starters the weather is absolutely beautiful. Also... you can see the jacarandas. This might be my personal bias here... but they really do look gorgeous... I always think of them as an Australian sakura (cherry blossom). Best place to see them (I think) is at the University of Queensland grounds, or New Farm Park. But... the time that they bloom kinda depends on the weather that year... as a Japanese friend of mine found out the hard way this year!

Fondest memory: I've been living here most of my life, but haveN't really seen that much. I would recommend though taking a trip up to Mt Cootha. From the lookout you can see all of Brisbane... and it looks really nice. Best time to come, if you've got the time, is just before sunset. So you can sit and watch the sun set and then have a coffee while the stars come up! If you're going by bus... make sure you check the timetable though. Some Japanese friends of mine missed the bus after hitchhiking the way up (not advisable by the way) and were forced to walk all the way back to toowong... trust me... CHECK THE TIMETABLE!!

• Written Aug 26, 2002

More General in Brisbane (1)

“go veg”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Brisbane?