"'Oishii, oishii!' = 'Tasty,..." Language Tip by j-san
Language, Kyoto: 7 reviews and 3 photos
'Oishii, oishii!' = 'Tasty, tasty!'
'Atsui, atsui!' = 'Hot, hot!'
'Samui, samui!' = 'Cold, cold!'(as in weather, not food)
People in Kyoto repeat these adjectives twice! This is a Kyoto trait, part of 'Kyoto-ben' (Kyoto-speak).
This picture was taken in Gion.
More Local Customs in Kyoto (3)
More Reviews (66)
- See All Fantastic Ryokan page
- See All Stunning views amid an old-style...
- See All Classic Japanese art postcards from all...
- See All ING - A foreigner bar that isn't foreign
- See All June rainy season, September typhoons
j-san's Related Pages
Have you been to Kyoto?Share Your Travels