"In Gion at a Geisha bar...." Geisha and Maiko Tip by j-san
Geisha and Maiko, Kyoto: 15 reviews and 28 photos
In Gion at a Geisha bar. Again, this was only possible via an introduction. The Geisha were more sophisticated than the Maiko. They focused on the male members of our party. I asked a friend who often attends functions where Geisha are invited to entertain and she told me this was perfectly normal. Women don't go to Gion bars. The Geisha in this picture was taking part in the Gion Odori (yearly Geisha dance) the next day, yet here she was up in the early hours of the morning the night before!
More Local Customs in Kyoto (3)
More Reviews (66)
- See All Fantastic Ryokan page
- See All Stunning views amid an old-style...
- See All Classic Japanese art postcards from all...
- See All ING - A foreigner bar that isn't foreign
- See All June rainy season, September typhoons
j-san's Related Pages
Have you been to Kyoto?Share Your Travels