El Ocotal Restaurant: "El Ocotal Restaurant" Costa Rica Restaurant Tip by MozBrad

Costa Rica Restaurants: 209 reviews and 218 photos

<p>This is the restaurant at the top of the hill at El Ocotal resort. We purchased the meal plan and were very glad we did. It was very nice to walk up the hill from our cottages, get a quick meal and head off to the dive boat!</p>
<p>The food was very good, sometimes in a buffet style, sometimes by menu. On some nights they had special courses. Much of the food was authentic Costa Rican food and it was very enjoyable.</p>
<p>The nicest thing here was the waitstaff. They were extremely nice to us and we got to know individuals by name. They would greet us by name as we entered each day and we really appreciated them. These are hardworking local people, and if you treat them right you can make a good local friend. We asked them about their culture and land, and they were glad to tell us stories.</P>

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the breakfast buffet, as we needed to load up on energy for our morning dive trips. I liked the Costa Rican rice (I forget the name) and the tortillas con queso!

Address: El Ocotal Resort
Rating: 0
Theme: Other

• Written Aug 26, 2002

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Costa Rica?